Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What Happens When I'm Bored?

Can you answer the riddle above? Ok I'm just kidding. It's not a riddle. After school today, I was going to have such a boring time. Everybody at home was minding their own business. Well of course, I too have things that I like to do. And that's just what I will be sharing with all of you now!



Yes, you guessed it. I play the guitar. This guitar you see above is called an acoustic guitar. It has steel strings and it gives that very lively and ringing vibes. This is probably my favourite guitar to play! Initially, I kind of hated it, due to the strings. Sometimes it could cut my fingers while I play it, and let me tell you, it hurts ALOT. But as I progress, my fingers start to develop what is known to be "rock skin" to many guitar players. Basically, rock skin is just the hardening of the skin as it gets accustomed to the steel strings. During the process, there'll be many blisters and bleeding. Well, it pays off anyway. I'm glad mine is over!

The acoustic guitar can be played in many different styles. It totally depends on the guitar player himself! The number of ways guitar can be played it infinite. If one wishes to play a guitar in a certain way that he feels is comfortable for him, nobody can say anything about it. That is why I never take guitar classes. I learn how to play on my own. Nobody can tell me if it's right or wrong because I know I'm always right!


When I feel happier than usual, why not rock and roll! Yeah, the black guitar you see on your left is an electric guitar. I know many wish to play one, but it's not as easy as it seems! An electric guitar is similar to an acoustic guitar as it also has steel strings but it cannot be played on it's own. An electric guitar needs an amplifier. Do you see cable connected on my guitar? The other end is plugged to my amplifier. That's when the fun part starts. I'm sure everyone knows how rock songs sound like. This is something that all rock bands do. With their amplifier, they can set effects to it. Rock bands would use an effect called 'distortion' which practically distorts the sound to give that metal feel. Well now you know how those rock and rollers do their thing. And if you're wondering if I do any of those, my answer is of course. It's really fun once you get the hang of it. Just have to be careful not to annoy my neighbours.

Here's another kind of guitar that I have. It's a classical guitar. Unlike the acoustic and electric guitars, this guitar has nylon strings. It gives melodic and peaceful sounds. When I'm stressed or sad, this is one way to calm myself. I play classical pieces or slow love songs on this guitar. Due to the melodic sounds it produce, it's really soothening and I will be relaxed when playing it. What's great is that this guitar is cheap and the strings last longer than steel strings. If any of you wish to play the guitar, my advice to you is to start playing with the classical guitar. Your fingers won't be cut or whatsoever because this guitar has nylon strings.

Oh and ain't my kitty cute? She loves music too. I'll talk about them another time. I promise. For now, I'll keep it to guitars, my passion. Okay, see you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment